Museum color contestTo celebrate Cherokee History Week, Sanford Museum & Planetarium is holding a coloring contest! There will be 2 age categories - 18 and up, and under 18 years old. You can find the picture to print...
Erlandson donation hikes Trail ProjectCompletion eyed with $75,000 gift, plus matching funds
Barnes rides herd on BVU rodeo teamMarty Barnes built a career in rodeo, as a competitor and a business owner helping his late father Bob and mother Donita provide bulls and bucking horses for events across the U.S. Barnes now seeks...
- Cherokee X Country Does Well at Sunburn (9/25/20)
- Cherokee Schools purchase vans, cite bus driver shortage (9/25/20)
- City aligned for $800,000 sewer project (9/25/20)
- Library Article (9/23/20)
- IMT benefits Cherokee Depot (9/23/20)
- Cherokee schools cope with coronavirus impact (9/23/20)
- Supervisors canvass A-A School vote (9/21/20)
- Car Car Information at the Cherokee Public Library Also Available Online (9/18/20)
- Mud on Main - a new ‘gathering place’ (9/18/20)
- Ellen’s Nail Spa at your service (9/18/20)
- Cherokee Volleyball Tournament (9/23/20)Cherokee hosted their annual volleyball tournament on Saturday. Normal pool and bracket play was limited due to the current pandemic, so no pool cross-play with semifinals and finals were played, keeping teams in separate buildings. Cherokee won their pool winning both matches of the day. They beat South O'Brien, 2-0 with set scores of 21-18 and 21-11. They also beat Siouxland Christian 2-1 with set scores of 21-12, 18-21, and 15-13. Their record improves to 12-5. ...
Harlan Wayne Sealman (9/25/20)Harlan Wayne Sealman, 59, passed away on September 22, 2020 in Cherokee, Iowa following a short illness. A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, October 3rd from 4-6 p.m. at the Spring...
Marguerite E. Osterling (9/22/20)Marguerite E. Osterling, 99, of Cherokee, Iowa, passed away Friday morning, September 18, 2020 in the Cherokee Specialty Care. Private family funeral services were held on Tuesday, September 22nd at...
Dale L. Cline (9/22/20)Dale L. Cline, 86 of Cherokee, Iowa passed away Friday evening, September 11, 2020 following an extended illness. Funeral services will be held on Friday, September 25th, at 10:30 a.m. at Bethlehem...
Eleanor Mae Blake (9/21/20)Private graveside services for Eleanor Anderson, 101, of Aurelia, will be held Saturday, September 19, 2020, at the Afton Township Cemetery, with Pastor Karen Berg officiating. There will be no...
Births: Reid Fitzgerald Greenwood (9/22/20)John and Laura Greenwood of Iowa City are proud to announce the birth of their new son. Reid Fitzgerald Greenwood was born on April 3, 2020. He wiggled 7.2 pounds and was 21 inches in length. He has...
Births: Olivia Theresa Rebollozo (9/22/20)Hannah and Michael Rebollozo of Aurelia are both proud to announce the birth of their new daughter. Olivia Theresa Rebollozo was born on September 17, 2020 at 2:58 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds and was...
Births: John Michael Greenwood (9/22/20)Patrick and Alicia Greenwood of Dakota Dunes, South Dakota are proud to announce the birth of their new son. John Michael Greenwood was born on August 12, 2020. He weighed 8 pounds and was 20.5...
Births: Titus Charles Fuller (9/18/20)Alanna and Gabe Fuller are proud to announce the birth of their new son. Titus Charles Fuller was born on September 14, 2020 at 10:15 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces, and was 21 inches in length....
- Mud on Main - a new ‘gathering place’
- Once in a lifetime find
- Erlandson donation hikes Trail Project
- Cherokee schools cope with coronavirus impact
- Ellen’s Nail Spa at your service
- Supervisors OK Sheriff’s Deputy hires
- Barnes rides herd on BVU rodeo team
- Cherokee Hy-Vee Employee Earns Company’s Highest Honor
- Agnitsch Sets the Pace for Varsity Girls
- New Main Street business