New Mill Creek Festival announces lineupA popular local music festival has a new identity for a fresh start, with an energetic lineup for two days of performances in August. Mill Creek Festival, replacing the event formerly known as Creek...
Farewell for Lemkes May 28thAURELIA - The congregation of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Aurelia invites area residents to join them in bidding a fond farewell to Pastor Larry and Marge Lemke at an Open House in the Aurelia...
- Burgers with Benefits June 1 (5/19/17)
- Branstad certifies Cherokee County as a Home Base Iowa community (5/19/17)
- Chamber Coffee (5/17/17)
- Accura Healthcare earns 5 Star Award (5/17/17)
- MaKenna Carver among seniors recognized by Governor (5/17/17)
- Seat Belt Myth Busting (5/17/17)
- 'Butterfly Cyclist' at Prairie Heritage Center (5/15/17)
- Gov. Branstad here Tuesday (5/15/17)
- Proclamation by City of Cherokee in Observance of Prescription Drug Awareness Month (5/15/17)
- Rodeo Parade entries sought (5/12/17)
- Cherokee girls 4th in Lakes (5/10/17)ESTHERVILLE - Brianna Sleezer and Olivia Dagel pocketed first-place finishes to help spur the Cherokee Washington High girls to a fourth-place team finish in last week’s Lakes Conference Track & Field Meet here. Batting back from early season injury, Dagel won the discus with a throw of 112-9, and took second in the shot put with a 37-11.5 effort. Sleezer won the gruelling 400 meters in a time of 1:01.22 and teammate Kassidy Pingel was third in 1:02.08...
- Cherokee 7th grade girls place 3rd at Conference Track Meet (5/22/17)
- Young Braves' tennis season ends at District Meet (5/19/17)
- Cherokee girls netters advance in Regional Tourney (5/19/17)
- Cherokee, Alta-Aurelia boys compete in Sectional Golf at Sioux Center (5/19/17)
- Braves qualify for State Track in 12 events (5/17/17)
- Cherokee girls 4th at Emmetsburg Track (5/15/17)
Helen G. Mendt (5/19/17)Helen G. Mendt, age 92 of rural Cleghorn, IA, passed away Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at her home, surrounded by her family. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 19, 2017, at the...
Velma L. Jenness (5/17/17)Velma L. Jenness, 89, of Marcus, Iowa, passed away peacefully, Sunday morning, May 14, 2017 in the Heartland Care Center at Marcus, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, May 18th, at 10:30...
Helen G. Mendt (5/17/17)Helen G. Mendt, age 92 of rural Cleghorn, IA, passed away Tuesday, May 16, 2017, at her home, surrounded by her family. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 19, 2017, at the...
Marie C. Clayton (5/17/17)Marie C. Clayton, 107 1/2 years old, passed away peacefully Wednesday morning, May 10, 2017, at The Gardens Assisted Living in Cherokee, Iowa. Memorial services will be held on Saturday, May 20th, at...
Births: Thill / daughter (5/10/17)Dustin and Sara Thill of Paullina are happy to announce the birth of their daughter, who was born on May 4, 2017. Hailee Mae Thill was born at 6:52 a.m., weighed 6 lb. 12 oz., measured 18 1/2 inches...
Births: Stewart, Anderson / daughter (5/10/17)Cassandra Stewart and Joshua Anderson of Alta are happy to announce the birth of their daughter, born on May 6, 2017. Athena Jean Anderson was born at 3:20 a.m., weighed 8 lb. 5 oz. and measured 21...
Births: Feierstein / son (5/10/17)Melinda and Reed Feierstein Jr. of Cherokee are happy to announce the birth of their son on May 5, 2017. Jayden Wyatt Feierstein was born at 7:51 a.m., weighed 6 lb. 6 oz. and measured 20 inches...
Births: Connor, Klaschen / daughter (5/10/17)Jeffrey Connor and Mari Klaschen of Aurelia are happy to anounce the birth of their daughter, who was born on May 3, 2017. Lydia Kay Connor was born at 7:44, weighed 6 lb. 11 oz., and measured 19 ...
WantedApartment Wanted: Quiet efficiency or 1 bedroom apartment for part-time Cherokee resident. Call 712-880-6036
Cherokee Houses for Rent2 Bedroom House for Rent: 340 E. Cedar. $500 per month, appliances furnished, you pay utilities. Call 712-870-1089.
Cherokee Rummages457 Sumner St: Thurs., May 25 Noon-7 p.m.; Fri., May 26 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat., May 27 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sun., May 28 1-4 p.m. Toys, Tupperware, Adult clothing, Household and Misc. items.
Help WantedNursing Clinical Instructors: Part-time Nursing Clinical Instructors. One day per week in surrounding area. BSN required. Fall semester begins August 17, 2017. For more information contact Ruth Hobson, Director of Nursing Education, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-324-5061, ext. 216, or 800-352-4907. AA/EOE