Veteran's day programCherokee veterans, from left, Joe Draper, Mark Patterson and Bob Wittrock salute the flag during Monday’s Veteran’s Day Celebration at Washington High School.
Open house at Iowa Food GroupA large US flag flew over an open house at Iowa Food Group here Monday for flag raising ceremonies. Cherokee’s newest company greeted some 60 residents who braved the cold to help IFG officials raise...
- HAVE A LITTLE FAITH (11/14/18)
- 2018 November Rotary Student of the Month... (11/14/18)
- Wreath Making Workshop Nov. 26 (11/14/18)
- Emotional Veterans Day at WHS (11/14/18)
- Think Chamber Bucks as Christmas gifts Save $$, support local businesses (11/14/18)
- One soldier’s story—Dillion Naslund (11/14/18)
- Be prepared for getting your REAL ID (11/12/18)
- YALSA selects Cherokee Public Library to participate in YALSA/ARSL’s Future Ready with the Library project (11/12/18)
- Hard work and dreams come true (11/12/18)
- Library News (11/12/18)
- On the run (11/7/18)The Cherokee Braves cross country runners,coaches, and chaperones were raring to go on an early Saturday morning before embarking on their trip to Fort Dodge for the State Cross Country Championships. The WHS girls qualified as a team after placing third in Districts. The teams are coached by Matt Hoskinson and Dave Ellis...
Jerry D. Radle (11/14/18)Jerry D. Radle, 74, of Spencer, Iowa, formerly of Lancaster, California, and originally from Cherokee, Iowa, passed away October 17, 2018 in the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Sioux Falls,...
Albert A. Alingh (11/9/18)Albert A. Alingh, 83, departed on Sunday, November 4, 2018 at his home in Emporia. He was born on September 8, 1935 in Cherokee, Iowa, to Albert and Laverne Alingh. Al joined First National...
Darrell Lee Underwood (11/9/18)Darrell Lee Underwood, age 71 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Friday, November 2, 2018, at his residence in Cherokee, IA. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday, November 9,...
Donald K. Domina (11/9/18)Donald K. Domina, 72, of Sioux City, Iowa, formerly of Washta, Iowa, passed away Monday evening, November 5, 2018 at Unity Point Health-St. Luke’s in Sioux City, Iowa. Memorial services will be...
Births: Israel Matteo Remirez (10/31/18)Annaho Perez, Storm Lake, is proud to announce the birth of her son Israel Matteo Remirez. Israel was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 25, 2018 at 11:45 PM. He weighed 7 pounds 5...
Births: Eden Marie Cresap (10/31/18)Amanda and Brian Cresap, Cherokee, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Eden Marie Cresap. Eden was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 25, 2018 at 7:27 AM. She weighed...
Births: Koy Landen Stout (10/29/18)Kennadie Klien, Cherokee is the proud parent of a son, Koy Landon Stout. Koy was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 22, 2018 at 12:42 PM. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20.5...
Births: Keira Jean Stika (10/29/18)Kari and Cody Stika, Paulina, are the proud to announce the birth of their daughter Keira Jean Stika. Keira was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 23, 2018 at 10:16 PM. She weighed 6...
For SaleFor Sale: Nordic Track Elliptical Machine. $800 new, asking $500. Used only 20 times. Pick up in Holstein. Call 712-369-8967.
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm , ground floor apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
Real Estate Cherokee CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- Emotional Veterans Day at WHS
- One soldier story- Dean Mummert
- FCA A GOOD THING
- Cherokee lands $100,000 Trails grant REAP monies boost expansion project
- Be prepared for getting your REAL ID
- Hard work and dreams come true
- CMRC celebrates new clinic
- All about faith
- City mulls Main Street vacant lot offer
- Cherokee-area professionals honored by EXIT Realty Corp. International