Cherokee Trails Land Dedication WednesdayThe Cherokee Trails Committee invites you to an evening celebrating the land purchase of Magnetic Park, a momentous step toward expanding Cherokee’s trail system. The Trail Expansion Land Dedication...
Kenny Bern Field Community NightCherokee Braves fans! Join us on Thursday, June 20th at 5:15 pm for Community Night at the newly renovated Kenny Bern Field! As a major donor to the energetic project organized and delivered by...
- Baseball and Kenny Bern (6/14/19)
- Mow that grass (6/14/19)
- City Council mulls insurance options Seeks remedy for Community Center floor (6/14/19)
- Having a ball (6/14/19)
- Library News (6/12/19)
- Imagining the horror (6/12/19)
- MMCRU ‘Milk Gallion’ (6/12/19)
- Wellmark $100,000 Grant boosts Trail Project Land dedication June 19 (6/12/19)
- Solar Fair (6/12/19)
- CRMC keeps pace with continued growth Multifaceted hospital stays in the black (6/12/19)
- LeMars Bumps Braves 4-3 (6/14/19)LE MARS - Cherokee’s 8-6 lady Braves had chances to tie or take the lead several times, but were unable to get the job done, losing to 8-6 LeMars here Monday, 4-3. “This was a tough loss,” said Cherokee coach Jenn Nixon. “We had a rocky start and then played great defense the last four innings. The early fielding mistakes allowed them to score three in the first inning and one in the second that ultimately cost us the game,” she said...
WILMA BELL PORTER (6/14/19)Wilma Bell Porter, age 88 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at Cherokee Specialty Care in Cherokee. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at the...
Nolan Zachery Wester (6/14/19)Kelly and Trent Wester, Larabee are the proud parents of a son, Nolan Zachery Wester. Nolan was born at Cherokee Region Medical Center on May 13, 2019 at 1:27 PM. He weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces and was...
MARLIN J. “MARLY” SCHLEEF (6/14/19)MARLIN J. “MARLY” SCHLEEF, 77, of Cherokee, Iowa passed away Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at Accura Health Care in Cherokee, Iowa. Memorial services will be held Monday, June 17th at 10:30 a.m. at the...
Jane L. Alquist (6/14/19)Jane L. Alquist, 70, of Hampton, Iowa, passed away Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at MercyOne North Iowa Hospice Inpatient Unit in Mason City, Iowa. She was born on December 12, 1948, in Fort Dodge, Iowa,...
Births: Rowan Shea Snyder (6/14/19)Ciara Miller and Spencer Snyder of Cherokee are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan Shea Snyder. She was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on May 19 at 10:29 AM. She weighed 8...
Births: Holdyn Noelle Todd (6/14/19)Megan and Ethan Todd, Holstein, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Holdyn Noelle Todd. Holdy was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on May 17, 2019 at 12:23 PM. She is joined at...
Births: Marovets/son (6/12/19)Mitchell and Amanda Marovets of Waukee announce the birth of their son, Brecken Mitchell Marovets . He was born on May 15, 2019 at Mercy Medical, in Des Moines. He weighed 7 lbs. 3oz. and measured...
Births: Robinson/daughter (6/12/19)Whitney and Luke Robinson of Cherokee are the parents of daughter Paylinn Jo Robinson born May 26 at 4:09 pm at St. Luke’s in Sioux City. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and measured 19 inches long. She joins...
Help WantedFarmhouse Restaurant in Quimby, has an opening for a part-time cook. Apply in person.
Help WantedLooking for a part time housekeeper/grocery buyer. (Must be 21 or older for buyer). Flexible hours. Call 712-540-2676.
Cherokee Rummages204 S. 10th St., Fri., June 14 1-6 p.m.; Sat., June 15, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. LOTS of stuff!!
Cherokee Rummages5282 R. Ave., Fri., 4-7 p.m.; Sat., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. LARGE Multi-Family Garage Sale!!
- IFG Plant activity appears positive
- D-Day claimed 3 Cherokee County men
- ‘Mamma Mia!’ rocks the jukebox
- Farmers Market (CAFM) Vendors list
- Patton It and Lockin Up
- Wellmark $100,000 Grant boosts Trail Project Land dedication June 19
- Library News
- Imagining the horror
- CRMC keeps pace with continued growth Multifaceted hospital stays in the black
- Cherokee Area Young Leaders