IMAGE RIDGE VEW ARCHERY LWRidge View High School’s varsity archery team returning letter winners this season are, Brant Price (front, kneeling). Second row, from left, Cassie Allen, Alexis Clark-Turnquist, Rayann Volkert,...
IPTV gives to backpack programCherokee Public Library is excited to add backpacks from IPTV Education to their collection. The backpacks include IPTV children's programming DVDs, books, and an activity and can be checked out from...
- Bright side To Host Kenny Bern Field Day (11/19/18)
- Think Chamber Bucks as Christmas gifts Save $$, support local businesses (11/19/18)
- Turkey winners announced (11/19/18)
- Sanford Museum receives (11/19/18)
- It’s starting to look like Christmas! (11/19/18)
- Lingenfelter promoted to Major in US Air Force (11/19/18)
- Cherokee quilt batts recycle quilting materials (11/16/18)
- River Valley PPEL on Dec. 11 ballot Would generate $191,000 annually (11/16/18)
- Iowa Food Group moving forward CEO Robinson praises community support (11/16/18)
- Central Bank pledges $50,000 to BB field project ‘Kenny Bern Field’ closing in on reality (11/16/18)
- On the run (11/7/18)The Cherokee Braves cross country runners,coaches, and chaperones were raring to go on an early Saturday morning before embarking on their trip to Fort Dodge for the State Cross Country Championships. The WHS girls qualified as a team after placing third in Districts. The teams are coached by Matt Hoskinson and Dave Ellis...
Alyn T. Ritts (11/19/18)Alyn T. Ritts, 73, of Washta, Iowa passed away suddenly, Thursday evening, November 15, 2018 at his home in Washta. Funeral services were be held on Monday, November 19th, at 2 p.m. at the Washta...
Beverly B. Orthmann (11/19/18)Beverly Orthmann, age 91 of Sutherland, IA passed away at her home on Thursday, November 15th. Memorial services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20th, at the United Methodist Church in...
Thomas Edward Stockebrand (11/16/18)Thomas Edward Stockebrand, Jr. died unexpectedly at the age of 69 on November 12, 2018 in Des Moines IA. Tom was born on November 14, 1948 in Independence, KS the eldest child of Nora Marie...
Mona Gaylene Booth (11/16/18)Mona Gaylene Booth, 83, of Cherokee, Iowa, passed away peacefully, Tuesday evening, November 13, 2018 at Accura Healthcare in Cherokee. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, November 17th,...
Births: Oaklee Cassandra Raine Paris (11/16/18)Angela Spence and Brandon Paris of Cherokee are proud to announce the birth of a baby girl, Oaklee Cassandra Raine Paris. Oaklee was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on November 12, 2018 at...
Births: Kenzie Rae Ullom (11/16/18)Amber and Nathan Ullom, Storm Lake, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Kenzie Rae Ullom. Kenzie was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on November 9, 2018 at 7:04 PM. She weighed...
Births: Israel Matteo Remirez (10/31/18)Annaho Perez, Storm Lake, is proud to announce the birth of her son Israel Matteo Remirez. Israel was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 25, 2018 at 11:45 PM. He weighed 7 pounds 5...
Births: Eden Marie Cresap (10/31/18)Amanda and Brian Cresap, Cherokee, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Eden Marie Cresap. Eden was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on October 25, 2018 at 7:27 AM. She weighed...
Help WantedReceptionist Professional Office. Send resume to: PO Box 278, Cherokee, IA 51012.
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm , ground floor apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
Real Estate Cherokee CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- One soldier’s story—Dillion Naslund
- Emotional Veterans Day at WHS
- Iowa Food Group moving forward CEO Robinson praises community support
- HAVE A LITTLE FAITH
- One soldier story- Dean Mummert
- Cherokee quilt batts recycle quilting materials
- Open house at Iowa Food Group
- Veteran's day program
- Central Bank pledges $50,000 to BB field project ‘Kenny Bern Field’ closing in on reality
- Lingenfelter promoted to Major in US Air Force