Cherokee School District prepares for RES Facilities Review meetingThe Cherokee School Board held its monthly meeting Monday where an update was given on what FEH Design Team had been doing within the school to prepare for the report to be given at the January 31...
Help feed the wildlifeCherokee County Pheasants Forever is donating corn to help feed pheasants and wildlife in the area. The Pheasants Forever wagon is located at the Fireice Firearms parking lot on North 2nd Street...
- City negotiating landfill fees for Wilson demolition (1/19/18)
- VFW Pancake Breakfast (1/19/18)
- City waives building permit fees (1/17/18)
- Successful first season for new dance coach (1/17/18)
- Marcus under boil advisory (1/17/18)
- City cites ‘Dangerous Building’ (1/17/18)
- January 2018 Rotary Student of the Month (1/17/18)
- Jazz & Blues Fest this weekend! (1/17/18)
- Lewis building conditions worsen (1/16/18)
- A Horsewoman’s Devotion (1/16/18)
- Braves win Le Mars mat title (1/19/18)LE MARS - The formidable Cherokee Braves wrestling team came through big time here Saturday, claiming the team championship of the rugged Le Mars Invitational with 187 points. Host Le Mars was second with 172.5, followed by Sioux City North 161, AHSTW 151, Sioux Center 145, Sibley-Ocheyedan 142.5, West Sioux 141, Sheldon-South O’Brien 116, Hinton 97, South Sioux City 82.5, Sioux City West 39...
Thomas Dushinske (1/19/18)Tom Dushinske of Cherokee, age 83, passed away Thursday, January 18, at Accura Healthcare Center in Cherokee. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 22nd at Immaculate...
Margaret Roethler (1/18/18)Margaret Roethler of Larrabee, Iowa, age 94, passed away Wednesday, January 17, 2018, at Accura Healthcare in Cherokee. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, January 20th at the Immaculate...
Allen Voge (1/17/18)Allen "Al" Voge, a former resident of Galva, passed away January 9, 2018 after a short illness. Al’s body will be cremated and a celebration of his life will be held for family and friends on...
Pamela A. Rus (1/17/18)Pamela A. Rus of Sutherland, age 62, passed away Friday, January 12, 2018, at a Sioux City hospital. A memorial service will be held at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at the Sutherland Church...
Births: Schimmer / daughter (1/17/18)Matt and Leah Schimmer of Storm Lake are happy to announce the birth of their baby girl, who was born on January 9, 2018. Blayke Olivia Schimmer was born at 8:09 a.m., weighed 7 lb. 7 oz, and...
Births: Shaefer / son (1/10/18)Shanon Shaefer is happy to announce the birth of her baby boy, born on January 3, 2018. Jaxton Ray Shaefer was born at 1:08 p.m., weighed 7 lb. 12 oz., and measured 20 1/2 inches. Grandparents are...
Births: Nelson / son (1/10/18)Christopher and Cassandra Nelson of Cherokee are happy to announce the birth of their son, born on January 3, 2018. Easton Paul Nelson was born at 9:47 p.m., weighed 7 lb. 1 oz., and measured 20 1/2...
Births: Gaes / daughter (1/3/18)Mackenzie Gaes of Cherokee is pleased to announce the birth of her little girl, who was born on December 30, 2017. Raelynn Marie Gaes was born at 4:17 a.m., weighed 7 lb. 3 oz., and measured 19 1/2...
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm, upstairs apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
Lost & FoundLost: Men’s ring lost at Sports Rehab, Cherokee. Call 712-446-2375 or 712-261-5732.
AntiquesMAIN STREET ANTIQUES *Check with us Before your auction *We will help you get the Best Value out of your antiques *Buying Quality antiques and furniture 113 East Main, Cherokee 712-225-5463 Mon-Fri. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Real Estate Cherokee CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- Nixon to play for Grandview
- Cherokee County Emergency Management receives new equipment
- Alta, Aurelia boards learn about school’s backpack program
- Successful first season for new dance coach
- Times Gone By
- A Horsewoman’s Devotion
- Who are the Cleveland Browns?
- Lewis building conditions worsen
- City cites ‘Dangerous Building’
- Charity Golf Tourney Funds Distributed