School Bond Forum Aug. 27The Cherokee School District is hosting a Public Forum Monday, Aug. 27 at the Roosevelt Elementary School Cafeteria/Gymnasium to share Bond Referendum information, according to Superintendent Kim...
Rotary Club Backpack Program –The Cherokee Rotary Club once again teamed up with Hy-Vee to purchase backpacks and supplies for Mid-Sioux so they could provide them to needy children. With the start of a new school year, the...
- Beck Engineering newest Cherokee business (8/17/18)
- School Bond Forum Aug. 27 (8/17/18)
- Are You Being Scammed? (8/17/18)
- Cherokee County Promise - A fascinating opportunity (8/17/18)
- Cherokee State Bank announces Reverse Scholarship (8/17/18)
- Valens concert at Quimby UMC (8/17/18)
- BOS approves wages, hears Engineer update (8/17/18)
- Grant sought for traffic light project (8/17/18)
- Little Miss Marcus (8/17/18)
- Marcus inducts Hall of Famers (8/17/18)
- Booster Club Golf outing Aug. 19th (8/15/18)The Cherokee Washington High School Booster Club is holding its annual Golf Outing at the Cherokee Golf Course on Sunday, August 19th. The four person best ball tourney has a shotgun start at 11 a.m., and the cost is $40 per person, including meal and cart and 18 holes of golf. There will be door prizes and various WHS coaches will speak during the program following golf...
BETTE J. BERGERT (8/17/18)On August 14th, 2018, Bette Bergert escaped cancer and found the loving, peaceful, and beautiful refuge promised to all believers of Jesus Christ. She found herself in the warm embrace of her...
Peter T. “Pete” Godbersen (8/15/18)Peter T. “Pete” Godbersen, 85, of rural Quimby, IA, passed away peacefully Friday morning, August 10, 2018 in the Good Samaritan Society of Holstein. Memorial services will be held on Wednesday,...
Cindy Alcorn (8/8/18)Cindy Lynn Alcorn of rural Cleghorn, Iowa, 48, passed away peacefully, Sunday evening , August 5, 2018, with her family by her side. Funeral services will be held on Friday, August 10th, at 11...
Jeanette “Jan” Grace Olofson (8/6/18)Jeanette “Jan” Grace Olofson of Ankeny, was born in Marathon, Iowa on March 16, 1921, daughter of Franz Oscar and Ida (Lindgren) Danielson. She passed away Friday, August 3, 2018 at the age of 97....
Births: King Jay Reyes (8/15/18)Carolina Figueroa Alvarez and Matthew Reyes, Storm Lake, are the proud parents of King Jay Reyes born August 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM. He weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces and was 20 inches long. Two sisters,...
Births: Karter Martin Stephens (8/15/18)Kirby and Kiel Stephens or Cherokee, are proud to announce the birth of their son, Karter Martin Stephens. Karter was born on August 11, 2018 at 5:16 PM. He weighed 9 pounds and was 22 inches long....
Births: Layton / daughter (8/10/18)Brittany and Justin Layton of Cherokee are happy to announce the birth of their baby girl on August 5, 2018. Lana Joyce Layton was born at 6:29 p.m., and she weighed 6 lb. 9 oz. and measured 19 1/2...
Births: Koch / son (8/8/18)Matt and Alison Koch announce the birth of their baby boy, who was born on July 7, 2018. Jaxon David Koch was born at 2:53 p.m., and he weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz. Grandparents are Scott and Deb Koch of...
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm , upstairs apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
Real Estate Cherokee CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
Help WantedCherokee Inn is looking for Front Desk help. Experience helpful. Apply in person. 1400 N. 2nd St., Cherokee.
- Braves baseball field renovation project launched Fundraising under way for ‘Kenny Bern Field’
- Beck Engineering newest Cherokee business
- School Bond Referendum
- Absentee voting for school elections
- Gano inducted in Rock ’n Roll Hall of Fame
- Cherokee State Bank announces Reverse Scholarship
- Keepin’ up with the Joneses
- The Cherokee Class of 78
- Cherokee County Promise - A fascinating opportunity