Rotary Club backpacksThe Cherokee Rotary Club, in partnership with Mid-Sioux and Hy-Vee distributing backpacks to families in need, gathered supplies and filled backpacks recently. The backpacks contain school supplies...
Backpack buddiesCherokee’s State Bank donated $2,500 to the Rotary Club for the Cherokee School student backpack program. Proudly displaying the check are Rotarians George Wittgraf and Kim Lingenfelter, applauded...
- Ludvigson Chiropractic expands (8/23/19)
- CYSBA back to original ball field plan (8/23/19)
- Lopez Foods invests $9.3 million in Cherokee plant Will process meat for global markets (8/23/19)
- Puzzle pieces fitting for BVU biology major Brewer interns at American Natural Processors (8/21/19)
- New Disc Golf Course (8/21/19)
- Board OKs ISP, resignations, contracts (8/21/19)
- School Board addresses nettlesome Principal issue (8/21/19)
- The sky’s the limit for Cherokee Airport (8/21/19)
- Quad County Closure Rumor False (8/20/19)
- QUIMBY FIRE DEPARTMENT (8/19/19)
- North Linn Ends AA State Run (7/29/19)FORT DODGE - Alta-Aurelia’s wild ride to the state tournament came to a screeching halt here late Thursday night in a 3-0 loss to Class 2A State Champion North Linn. The loss ends AA’s season at 22-10 after making their second straight appearance in the state tournament...
Keith Wegner (8/23/19)Keith Wegner, age 76 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Wednesday, August 14, 2019, in Hartford, CT after being diagnosed with cancer three months prior while visiting family there. A Mass of Christian...
Betty Lou Hantsbarger (8/23/19)Betty Lou Hantsbarger, 95 years, of Cherokee, Iowa passed away August 21, 2019 at Accura HealthCare nursing home in Aurelia, Iowa, two days away from her 96th birthday. Funeral services...
KEITH WEGNER (8/21/19)Keith Wegner, age 76 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Wednesday, August 14, 2019, in Hartford, CT after being diagnosed with cancer three months prior while visiting family there. A Mass of Christian...
Matthew Hap Lee (8/21/19)Matthew Hap Lee, age 44, of Cherokee, IA, passed away on Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Cherokee....
Births: Oliver Robert Douglas Dunn (8/19/19)Sydney and Derek Dunn, Huxley, IA are the proud parents of a son, Oliver Robert Douglas Dunn. Oliver was born at Methodist Hospital in Des Moines on June 1st, 2019 at 1:55 PM. He weighed 7 pounds...
Births: Maverick Lee Rasmus (8/19/19)Melody and Jordan Rasmus, Cherokee are the proud parents of a son, Maverick Lee Rasmus. Maverick was born at Cherokee Region Medical Center on August, 12, 2019 at 10:21 PM. He weighed 7 pounds and...
Births: Tyler Matthew Cook (8/14/19)Miranda and Jason Cook, Cherokee, are the proud parents of a son, Tyler Matthew Cook. Tyler was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on August 8, 2019. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 20.5...
Births: Morgan Grace Galvin (8/14/19)Jade and Andrew Galvin, Holstein, are the proud parents of a baby girl, Morgan Grace Galvin. Morgan was born at Cherokee Region Medical Center on August 6, 2019 at 7:05 AM. She weighed 8 pounds and 9...
Help WantedFull time and part time laborers, general construction. Call Marv’s Construction, Sutherland, IA 712-229-2800.
Area Rummages120 E. 1st St., Meriden. Fri. Aug. 23 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 24, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Avon Collectibles, some furniture, new items, kitchen appliances, lots of misc., holiday decorations.
- QUIMBY FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Townsend estate to pave Oak Hill City receives ‘amazing gift’
- School Board addresses nettlesome Principal issue
- •Guilty plea leads to tragic end
- Priebe new CAEDC Board membe
- Board OKs ISP, resignations, contracts
- The sky’s the limit for Cherokee Airport
- Lopez Foods invests $9.3 million in Cherokee plant Will process meat for global markets
- CIC, WITCC, WHS collaborate on new house On-site ‘classroom’ benefits construction students
- New Disc Golf Course