Extension salutes local 4-H clubsCherokee Extension services staff Debbie Erpelding, Jen Gaydo and Mary Tuttle put on Friday’s Chamber Coffee. The Cherokee County 4-H celebrated National 4-H week this past week. 4-H offers...
Paul Larson donates to Ridge View ArcheryThe Ridge View Archery program would like to acknowledge and thank the support of Paul Larson and the Ida County Chapter of Pheasants Forever. Paul Larson was very active in many clubs and...
- CCT/WHS presents ‘M*A*S*H’ Nov. 1-4
- Council approves FAL Urban Renewal Plan
- Kooiker leaving Cherokee Accepts Sheldon City Manager post (10/12/18)
- XC Kings & Queens (10/12/18)
- Cherokee Farmers’Market (10/12/18)
- Cherokee WA TAN YE Club Meets (10/12/18)
- What to know about Opioids (10/12/18)
- Letsche’s Bike Shop to pedal away (10/12/18)
- Braves soak Rams, 38-12 (10/10/18)
- Library News (10/10/18)
- Braves host Underwood then Treynor (10/12/18)Cherokee’s regular football season schedule is quickly nearing its end as the Braves host Underwood tonight and then finish out the season at home against Treynor on October 19. Underwood, 4-3 on the season, opened the campaign with two losses to AHSTW 47-14 and IKM-Manning 28-26. Then came three straight wins defeating Tri-Center 41-7, Council Bluffs St. Albert 32-14 and MVAOCOU 37-0. A loss to Treynor 28-26 followed before last week’s 27-12 win over East Sac...
Edward Eugene Richards (10/12/18)Edward Eugene Richards, age 70 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Saturday, October 6, 2018, at his home surrounded by his family. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, October 15, 2018, at...
Alfred J. Kosse (10/10/18)Alfred J. Kosse, age 87 of Marcus, IA passed away Sunday, October 7, 2018 at the Heartland Care Center in Marcus. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, October 11th, at Holy...
Gary L. Bork, 67 (10/10/18)Marcus, Iowa – Gary L. Bork, 67, of Marcus, Iowa passed away on Sunday, October 7, 2018 at Unity Point Health in Sioux City, Iowa following a brief illness. Funeral services will take place at 11:00...
Ronald D. Schumann (10/8/18)Ronald D. Schumann, 80, of Cherokee, Iowa, passed away peacefully, Friday morning, October 5, 2018 in the Cherokee Regional Medical Center. Memorial services were held on Sunday, October 7th at 2...
Births: Kayden Matthew Scott Zimmerman (10/5/18)Brandy Napier and Torey Zimmerman of Mapleton, are proud to announce the birth of their son Kayden Matthew Scott Zimmerman. He was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on September 27, 2018 at...
Births: Kayden Francis Dale Brown (10/5/18)Amanda Van Roekel and Matthew Brown of Cherokee are proud to announce the birth of their son Kayden Francis Dale Brown at the Cherokee Region Medical Center at 2:59 PM on September 24, 2018. He...
Births: Dmitri Eros Volkov (10/5/18)Jessica Erritt , Schaller, is proud to announce the birth of her son Dmitri Eros Volkov. He was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on September 30, 2018 at 9:03 PM. He weighed 8 pounds, 10...
Births: Jaxson William Brell (9/24/18)Nicole Birch and Bryan Brell are proud to announce the birth of their son Jaxon William Brell. Jaxon was born at Cherokee Regional Medical Center on September 18 at 11:07AM. He weighed 8 pounds and 8...
Area RummagesMulti-Family Garage Sale: 1266 510th St., One mile south of Meriden. Thurs., Fri., Oct. 18-19, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat., Oct. 20 ( 8 a.m.-5 p.m.pending). DVDs, CDs, Lipsense, Senegence products, canning jars, lids.
Help WantedTwin Valley Pork Producers is in need of a part-time employee for 2800 head sow unit in the Peterson area. Good starting wage, 25-30 hours per week. Must have valid drivers license. Call Tim (712)229-8778.
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm , ground floor apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
Real Estate Cherokee CountyPublisher's notice: All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State laws forbid discrimination in the sale, rental or advertising of real estate based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. We...
- Beck Ribbon Cutting
- Letsche’s Bike Shop to pedal away
- What to know about Opioids
- 200 MW wind farm planned for Cherokee County 88 turbines north of Marcus to be online by December 2019
- Foundation Lab targets new site, expansion
- FAL ground breaking
- Kooiker leaving Cherokee Accepts Sheldon City Manager post
- ‘Iowa Food Group’ to open Cherokee’s former Tyson Plant
- U.S. 20 Celebration Oct. 19
- Cherokee native pens, ‘More than the Game’