Cherokee Gridders Fall Behind 22-0; Lose 50-32EMMETSBURG - After falling behind 22-0 in the first quarter, Cherokee’s Braves lost a 50-32 contest to Emmesburg’s E-Hawks here Friday, dropping their season record to 1-3. It’s homecoming for the...
A telling look at Cherokee Tyson plant historyThe long and storied history of the Cherokee Tyson Retail Deli Plant that was shut down in 2014 by parent company Tyson Foods, Inc. of Springdale, Arkansas, was in operation as Cherokee’s largest...
- Welcome, Iowa Food Group! (9/19/18)
- Cherokee Quilt Batt members donate pillowcases (9/19/18)
- Cherokee WA TAN YE Club meets (9/19/18)
- Nataliah Suzzana-Jean Ledesma (9/19/18)
- ‘Iowa Food Group’ to open Cherokee’s former Tyson Plant (9/19/18)
- The Belle of the Balls Poster Child (9/17/18)
- It’s elementary, my dear… (9/17/18)
- Mobile Museum at Prairie Heritage Center (9/17/18)
- Halloween hike at Silver Sioux Recreation area (9/17/18)
- German Feast Dinner to Benefit the Hanover Historical Society (9/17/18)
- Braves Blank E-LC 3-0 (9/14/18)Senior netters Payton Slaughter and Lily Anderson highlighted Cherokee’s 3-0 win over Estherville-Lincoln Central here Tuesday by receiving special recognition for career digs and assists, respectively. In the match, Cherokee recorded victories of 25-15, 25-20 and 25-16 with Anderson notching 43 assists, and Slaughter collecting 32 digs. ...
Ruth Bartel (9/17/18)Ruth Bartel, 89, of Baxter, MN, formerly of Cherokee, IA and Emery, SD died Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at the Northern Lakes Assisted Living in Baxter. Funeral services will be 10:30 am Tuesday,...
Twyla Mae Ritter (9/14/18)Twyla Mae Ritter, age 83 of Cherokee, IA, passed away Monday, September 10, 2018, at her sisters residence in Maine. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Greenwood-Schubert Funeral...
Natalee Henke (9/14/18)Natalee Henke, age 18 of rural Marcus, IA, passed away on Monday, Sept. 10th at Cherokee Regional Medical Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, September 15th at...
Gayle A. Cedar (9/14/18)Gayle A. Cedar, age 65 of Cherokee, IA passed away Monday, September 10, 2018 at Unity Point Hospital in Sioux City, IA. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, September 17, 2018, at...
Births: Lily Jean Nicole Ray (9/19/18)
Births: Heidi May Thomas (9/19/18)Paige and Adam Thomas, Cherokee, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Heidi May Thomas who was born on September 14, 2018 at 6:58 a.m. at Cherokee Regional Medical Center. She weighed 8...
Births: Quinn Amelia Schubert (9/12/18)Brita Baumann and Tyler Schubert of Galva are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Quinn Amelia Schubert. Quinn was born at Cherokee Region Hospital on September 6, 2018 at 6:29 AM. She...
Births: Lucas Carl Sorgdrager (9/10/18)Breanna Nielsen and Trent Sorgdrager of Cherokee are proud to announce the birth of their son, Lucas Carl Sorgdrager. Lucas was born on September 2, 2018 at Cherokee Region Medical Center at 7:57 PM....
Help WantedNoah’s Ark Daycare of Sutherland is seeking applicants for Full/Part-time employees. Call Carol at 712-446-2406.
Cherokee Rummages457 Sumner -Thurs., Sept. 20 2-7 p.m.; Fri., Sept. 21 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat., Sept. 22 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Washer, dryer, couch, lamp, table, tool chests, men’s and women’s clothing. miscellaneous items.
Cherokee Houses for RentHouse for Rent in Cherokee: 514 N. 2nd St. 2 bdrm with garage. $450/mo. First and last months rent required. References needed. 712-221-9459.
For Sale2004 Fleetwood Terra motorhome, 454 GM engine, well maintained, Spring Lake Park, Cherokee. Call 406-498-0783 ask for Cindy.
- ‘Iowa Food Group’ to open Cherokee’s former Tyson Plant
- Welcome, Iowa Food Group!
- Voters approve $12 million School Bond Referendum Issue passes with 77.1% majority
- Relay for Life Saturday, September 22
- The ‘eyes’ have it for the Hawkeyes
- Cherokee County Hunger Stomp recharges mission
- Women Marketing Grain Class
- Poor 1st half costly to Braves OABCIG prevails 32-18
- A telling look at Cherokee Tyson plant history
- New school? Picture it