In the heat of the summerThough opening was delayed by about 2 weeks and started slow, the Bacon Aquatic Center (BAC) is open and running smoothly. With some adjustments to the ways of previous years to follow CDC...
Behind the scenesWith the cancellation of many annual events this summer, celebrating Independence Day brought some normalcy to the summer of 2020. Put on by members of the Cherokee Fire Department and the Cherokee...
Honsbruchs benefit Cherokee TrailsThe Cherokee Trails Committee is honored to receive the gift of $10,000 towards the Cherokee Trails expansion project from the Ron and Jolette Honsbruch family. The $10,000 gift is in memory of their...
- AA Baseball Loses 12-5 (7/3/20)
- Grand Meadow Heritage keeps humming (7/3/20)
- Aurelia Heritage requests funding (7/3/20)
- MMCRU, Dorr Farm invest in solar (7/1/20)
- School illness reporting mandatory (7/1/20)
- MHI Ecumenical Institute accredited (6/29/20)
- Council denies water bill reduction ‘Urban’ chickens now allowed (6/29/20)
- Auditor reorganizes office personnel (6/26/20)
- Cherokee July 4th Fireworks (6/26/20)
- Supervisors nix F Avenue project (6/26/20)
- Sioux Central Plates 12 In Win Over Braves (7/10/20)PETERSON - Sioux Central's 6-9 Rebels scored a dozen runs in the first three innings on just six hits to sideline an error plagued Cherokee squad in five innings here Wednesday night, 12-1. It was the tenth loss for the Braves (2-10), who return here Saturday for a first round...
Orville L. Sund (7/10/20)Orville L. Sund, 79, of Quimby, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at Unity Point Health-St. Luke’s Hospital in Sioux City, Iowa. It was Orville’s wish to be cremated and there be no...
Janadene L. Harvey (7/10/20)Janadene L. Harvey passed away on July 1, 2020 at Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in Waverly, Iowa where she had been a resident for the past two years. Janadene was born on August 9, 1942 in...
Louise Elizabeth Sitzmann (7/7/20)Louise Elizabeth Sitzmann, the daughter of Gerhard and Susan (Gengler) Probst, was born on October 19, 1933, in Le Mars, Iowa. Her childhood years were spent in Le Mars where she attended school and...
Edward A. "Ed" Smith (7/7/20)Edward A. "Ed" Smith, 78, of Cherokee, Iowa passed away unexpectedly, Friday afternoon, July 3, 2020. Funeral services will be held on Thursday, July 9th, at 1:30 p.m. at the Little Sioux Event...
Births: Emery Lorraine Grell (7/7/20)Kaylee and Evan Grell of Marcus are proud to announce the birth of their new daughter. Emery Lorraine Grell was born on July 4, 2020 at 11:52 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces, and was 20 inches in...
Births: Keaston William Michael Murphy (6/26/20)Jordan Lecein and Aaron Murphy are proud to announce the birth of their new son. Keaston William Michael Murphy was born on June 23, 2020 at 1:11 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces, and was 19...
Births: Rachel Starlyn Skadeland (6/26/20)Heidi and Kevin Skadeland of Larrabee are proud to announce the birth of their new daughter. Rachel Starlyn Skadeland was born on June 22, 2020, at 4:42 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces, and was...
Births: Connor Hendrix Lonning (6/23/20)Jessica Sindt and Tyler Lonnign of Sioux Rapids is proud to announce the birth of their new son. Connor Hendrix Lonning was born on June 17, 2020 at 5:40 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and was...
Business ServicesBill's Bottles & Cans Summer hours will be M-Th 9AM-4PM. Closed Noon-12:30PM. Closed on Fridays until Labor Day.
Help WantedBill’s Bottles & Cans looking for a can sorter. Apply in person. 801 S. 2nd St., Cherokee.
- Changes at the Public Library
- Council denies water bill reduction ‘Urban’ chickens now allowed
- MMCRU, Dorr Farm invest in solar
- Comstock’s Gem Fuels Braves
- Cherokee July 4th Fireworks
- Youthful Braves Are “Work In Progress”
- ‘Return to Learn’ process perplexing
- PARTY LIKE IT’S JULY, 1999
- MEMORY LANE JUNE 1983
- Saying "goodbye"