Supervisors move on delinquent tax issuesAt Tuesday’s Cherokee County Board of Supervisors meeting, Sam Kooiker, Cherokee City Administrator, and Alyssa Herbold, Cherokee City Attorney, discussed properties currently held by Cherokee County...
Boulton to visit CherokeeDes Moines - State Senator Nate Boulton, Democratic candidate for governor, launches his “Hometown Values Tour.” Over seven days, and Boulton visit 26 counties and tour farms, schools, health care...
- Cherokee school enrollment up (10/20/17)
- Donations mounting for new CPD K-9 (10/20/17)
- Benefit for Bill Crow Oct. 28 (10/20/17)
- Benefit for Sue Briese Oct. 29 (10/20/17)
- School Board OKs contracts, mulls Roosevelt replacement (10/20/17)
- Mobile Food Pantry November 9th (10/20/17)
- Times Gone By (10/20/17)
- Chamber Coffee (10/18/17)
- Tyson annexation process underway (10/18/17)
- Cherokee PTA will host a Fun Run for their Fall Fundraiser (10/18/17)
- Braves win 3A VB Tourney Opener (10/20/17)ORANGE CITY - The Cherokee volleyball team opened Class 3A district play at MOC-FV on Wednesday, and the Braves won the match, 3-2, with game scores of 14-24, 26-24, 29-27, 17-25, and 15-11. Alayne Graybill led the offense with 16 kills, while Kassidy Pingel had 15 kills, Alexus Jones had nine, and JeMae Nichols had eight. Lily Anderson ended the 5 - set match with 45 assists, and she also led in serving, going 20 -20 with two aces. Graybill and Jones were each 13 -15 serving with three aces apiece; Pingel was 13-14 with one ace; and Paityn Hagberg was 10-12 with one ace. Payton Slaughter led defensively with 29 digs, Anderson had 21, Graybill 19, Jones 16, and Hagberg had 11 on the night.. ...
- Storm Lake Swim Team drops a pair of duals at Spencer (10/20/17)
- Braves’ Volleyball ends regular season; start tourney play Wednesday (10/20/17)
- SOS loses to Boyden Hull in Regional VB Opener (10/20/17)
- Ridge View wins Reg. VB opener (10/20/17)
- Warriors win Regional VB opener (10/20/17)
- MMCRU wins first VB Regional Match (10/20/17)
Kevin Borkowski (10/18/17)Kevin Duane Borkowski of Sac City, age 54, passed away on Friday, October 13, 2017, at his home in Sac City. A Celebration of Life was held on Monday October 16, from 4- 6 p.m., with a "Time of...
Lanna Kaye Niebuhr (10/18/17)Lanna Kaye (Corrington) Niebuhr, age 70, passed away peacefully, surrounded by her family, on October 5, 2017 in Adel, Iowa. Lanna was born, the youngest of three children to Leo (Jinx) and Bonnie...
Alice Noble (10/13/17)Alice E. Noble, 94, of Cherokee, Iowa, was lifted gently into the care of her Lord on October 11, 2017 under the care and support of Careage Hills staff and CRMC Hospice. Funeral services will be...
Frank Escue (10/13/17)Frank Escue of Cherokee, age 77, passed away October 7, 2017 at the Cherokee Regional Medical Center. A private family service will be held at a later date. The Greenwood-Schubert Funeral Home in...
Births: Peterson, Zermeno / son (10/18/17)Jade Peterson and Malachi Zermeno announce the birth of their baby boy, born on October 12, 2017. Kaiysen Zermeno was born at 12:15 a.m., weighed 8 lb. 6 oz., measured 20 inches long, and he was...
Anniversary: Celebrate 50th Anniversary (10/13/17)Jerry and Joanne Pitts, who were married at Maryhill Church near Cherokee on October 2B,1967 and are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The couple have two children, Karen (Kelly) Jans and...
Births: Hotz / daughter (10/11/17)Brittany and William Hotz of Cherokee are the proud parents of a baby girl, born on October 6, 2017. Jada Grace Hotz was born at 1:52 p.m., weighed 7 lb. 4 oz. and measured 19 1/2 inches long. She...
Births: Hale / daughter (10/11/17)Randy and Kelsey Hale of Aurelia are pleased to announce the birth of their baby girl, born on October 5, 2017. Zoey Jone Hale was born at 12:24 p.m., weighed 6 lb. 13 oz., and measured 20 1/2...
Help WantedHometown Guesthouse hotel of Marcus, IA is currently seeking applications for General Manager. General responsibilities include: Supervising and development of employees, guest services, paperwork and payroll, housekeeping, sales & marketing implementation along with day to day operations of hotel. If interested in this position, please send resume to: PO Box 295, Marcus, IA 51035 by Friday, October 27, 2017.
Cherokee Rummages312 S. 4th St., Fri., Oct. 20 and Sat., Oct. 21 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Closing Storage-Everything Going! Prices will be cheap. Don’t miss out! No checks!
Help WantedHeartland Care Center, in Marcus, IA, is looking to hire a Dietary Service Manager as well. Qualified individuals must have an Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professional certificate or be a certified dietary manager. Managerial experience is preferred for this position as well as a strong ability to communicate with coworkers. Heartland offers competitive wages and a great benefits package in very friendly environment. Heartland is also looking for a dietary assistant in their...
Help WantedLearning Intermediary Network Coordinator: Full-time position. Responsible for overseeing work of LIN and Perkins grants. Will require regular travel within Merged Area IV and statewide meetings. Associate’s degree and 1 year experience in grant-funded projects, academic administration, and/or academic training in business or industry; and basic computer skills required. Applications accepted until position is filled. For more details go to www.nwicc.edu. Click on “Alumni & Community” then...
- Honolulu store owners say thieves are targeting cans of Spam
- 'Zombie' event staged at Oklahoma Capitol to support taxes
- Devils fans help young anthem singer who forgets the words
- To learn how to say New Zealand leader's name, just call her
- Police: Newborn's dad sold heroin in hospital maternity ward