- Pheasants Forever Banquet Saturday (3/16/18)
- Chamber Coffee (3/14/18)
- Cherokee Speechletes compete at State Individual Speech at Carroll Kuemper (3/14/18)
- Gov. Reynolds in Cherokee Saturday (3/14/18)
- Miller Chiropractic opens in Cherokee (3/14/18)
- ‘Tastes & Sounds’ March 22 (3/14/18)
- City preparing for Emerald Ash Borer (3/14/18)
- Strengthening Families Program to be offered to Alta-Aurelia Middle School Families (3/14/18)
- KC Calendar winners (3/12/18)
- CRMC Kenneth Hobson Memorial Scholarship (3/12/18)
- All Lakes Conference Boys Basketball (3/16/18)(indicates unanimous selection) Ben Granstra, Sr., Western Christian; Carter Broek, Jr., Western Christian; JT Engebretson, Sr., Le Mars; Dylan Rarrat Kass, Sr., Le Mars; Jacob Heinrichs, Sr., ELC; Frankie Ramos, Sr., Spirit Lake; Malga Yanga, Jr., Storm Lake; Chase Hough, Jr., Spencer...
- Lance Else a Mustang (3/16/18)
- Washington HS basketball girls garner post-season honors (3/16/18)
- Upcoming CYSBA events (3/14/18)
- Ridge View’s Cassie Allen Crowned State Archery Champion (3/14/18)
- IPSWA announces 2018 boys basketball all-state teams (3/14/18)
- Lakes Conference seeks members after losing Le Mars (3/9/18)
Ronald Ray Mathew (3/16/18)Ronald Ray Mathew of Cleghorn, Iowa, age 72, passed away on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at his residence following a lengthy illness. A Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 10:30 a.m. Saturday,...
David Wayne Wilson (3/14/18)David Wayne Wilson of Cherokee, Iowa, age 59, passed away Friday, March 9, 2018, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are currently pending at the Greenwood-Schubert Funeral Home in Cherokee....
George F. Woolley (3/14/18)George F. Woolley of Cherry, Illinois, 85, formerly of Meriden, passed away Monday, March 12, 2018. Funeral arrangements are currently pending at the Greenwood-Schubert Funeral Home in Cherokee....
Michael Leo O’Neal (3/14/18)Michael Leo O’Neal of Cherokee, Iowa, age 75, passed away Friday, March 9, 2018, at a Sioux City hospital. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 16, 2018, at St. Paul’s United...
Births: Utesch / son (3/16/18)David and Alisa Utesch of Remsen are the proud parents of a son, born on March 9, 2018. Corbin Paul Utesch was born at 10:30 p.m., and he weighed 9 lb. 1 oz. and measured 22 inches long. He was...
Births: Tisdale / son (3/16/18)Shane and Brittany Tisdale of Ida Gove are the proud parents of a baby boy, born on March 9, 2018. Emmett Lee Tisdale was born at 6:53 a.m., and he weighed 9 lb. 8 oz. and measured 21 1/2 inches...
Births: Roberts / son (3/16/18)Zane and Alexandra Roberts of Ocheyedan, Iowa are proud to announce the birth of their first child, a son, who was bron at 5:13 a.m. on March 8, 2018 at the Spirit Lake, Iowa hospital. Zayden Lee...
Births: Dosen / son (3/16/18)Mike and Sara Dosen of Cherokee are pleased to announce the birth of their son, who was born on March 12, 2018. William Donald Dosen was born at 10:48 a.m., weighed 7 lb. 11 oz, and measured 21...
Help WantedAssistant Dance Instructor: Experience required. Submit resume to: Drawer A, 111 S. 2nd St., Cherokee, IA 51012.
Help WantedCherokee Sow Farm has a position open in breeding or farrowing. Looking for dependable team player to join our team. Wage depends on experience, benefits. Call 712-229-9996.
Help WantedPart-Time CNA Instructors: Part-time CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) Instructors needed to teach 75-hour CNA Course on NCC campus and/or area high schools. Updated regulations require applicants only need to be licensed as a Registered Nurse. $200 sign-on bonus available upon completion of first class. For more information contact Julie Paulsen at Northwest Iowa Community College, 712-324-5061, ext. 264, or 800-352-4907. AA/EOE
Help WantedEmergency Services Education Coordinator: Full time. Responsible for coordinating responsibilities of credit and non-credit continuing education programs in the emergency medical services area. Paramedic with current certification in the State of Iowa; formal academic training and preparation and hold appropriate Iowa credentials for courses being taught in the program and must satisfy all requirements for EMS training Program Director as outlined in Iowa Code 131 and in all relevant...
- Barnes Bull Riding Challenge is coming to Ames March 2-3
- Another Slow Down
- Miller Chiropractic opens in Cherokee
- ‘Smokey’ Barr to be inducted into National HS Hall of Fame
- Weiland shares his training helping local veterans
- Upcoming CYSBA events
- Hug a coach today
- Times Gone By
- Lakes Conference seeks members after losing Le Mars
- Gov. Reynolds in Cherokee Saturday