City installs new LED traffic lightsCherokee city crews installed new LED traffic lights around town Thursday, including this one at the corner of Willow and S. 2nd Street.
Virtual tours given at the Ag ShowJulie Hering Kent, left, Director of the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce, takes a virtual tour of a dairy at the Cherokee Chamber Ag Committee Ag Show held recently, at WIT in Cherokee, while Melissa...
- CCT announces cast for next production (2/19/18)
- K.C. Fish Frys on Tap (2/19/18)
- Marcus- Meriden- Cleghorn- Remsen- Union school receives threat (2/19/18)
- This Week's Sermon ala Carte (2/19/18)
- President’s Day Today (2/19/18)
- Lewis Hotel to get new life (2/19/18)
- Farm west of Holstein battles fire (2/16/18)
- Valentine Royalty (2/16/18)
- Two Cherokee Properties Designated on 2018 most endangered list (2/16/18)
- Rep. Dan Huseman will Seek Re-Election in 2018 (2/16/18)
- Braves’ season ends (2/19/18)SHELDON - The Cherokee boys’ basketball team took on Sheldon, the #8 ranked team in the state, in Class 2A District basketball action Thursday, and the young Braves fell to the Orabs by the score of 66-41. Senior Jack Benson led the Braves with 10 points, while sophomores Kobe Grell, Cole Pitts, Alex Paulsrud and Ryan Hurd added nine, seven, six and five points each, respectively...
- Gaes, Hill advance at State Wrestling (2/19/18)
- Ridge View, River Valley boys bow out of District Tournament (2/19/18)
- South O’Brien boys beat SLSM to advance in 1A District Play (2/19/18)
- MMCRU boys lose to Gehlen, 67-42 (2/19/18)
- A-A tops Sioux Central, 62-44 (2/19/18)
- SB- L takes home archery tournament (2/16/18)
Michael D. Goodrich (2/16/18)Michael D. Goodrich of Marshalltown, Iowa , 71, formerly of Creston, passed away at the Iowa Veterans Home in Marshalltown on Monday, February 12, 2018. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m.,...
Lola Kay Paeper (2/14/18)Lola Kay Paeper of Cherokee, age 66, passed away Thursday, February 8, 2018, at her residence surrounded by her family. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, February 12, 2018, at St....
Rickey D. Monroe (2/14/18)Rickey D. Monroe of Cherokee, Iowa, 66, passed away suddenly Saturday afternoon, February 10, 2018 at the Cherokee Regional Medical Center. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, February...
Stanley T. Crum (2/14/18)Stanley T. Crum of Holstein, age 71, passed away on Thursday, February 08, 2018 at UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s of Sioux City. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at...
Births: Jensen / daughter (2/19/18)Jennifer Jensen of Aurelia is happy to announce the birth of her litle girl, born at 8:01 p.m. on February 12, 2018. Maddison Grace Jensen weighed 8 lb. 10 oz., and measured 20 1/2 inches long....
Births: Roeder / son (2/16/18)Steven and Tonisha Roeder of Ida Grove are happy to announce the birth of their baby boy, who was born on February 6, 2018. Brextyn George Roeder was born at 7 a.m., weighed 7 lb. 6 oz., and measured...
Births: Bruhn / daughter (2/16/18)Jessica and Calvin Bruhn of Mapleton are happy to announce the birth of their baby girl, born on February 11, 2018. Hadley Grace Bruhn was born at 2:17 a.m., weighed 9 lb. 8 oz., and measured 22 1/2...
Wedding: Fordyce-Babcock Wedding (2/16/18)Tim Fordyce and Melody Babcock were united in marriage on September 23, 2017 at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Waukee, Iowa. A reception and dance followed at the Temple for Performing Arts, Des...
Help WantedFull or part-time. Class A CDL required. Must have experience and good driving record. Local and some long distance hauling. Call 229-2962.
Help WantedCoordinator of Secondary Career Education Planning: Part-time, up to 25 hours per week. Bachelor’s degree, educational work experience with either K-12 or community colleges, and basic computer skills required. Three years coordinating/consulting or administrative experience and bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred. Applications accepted until position filled; review of applications to begin immediately. For more details go to www.nwicc.edu. Click on Employment and then NCC...
Help WantedNoah’s Ark Daycare of Sutherland is seeking applicants for Full/Part-time employees. Call Carol at 712-446-2406.
Cherokee Apartments for Rent2 bdrm , upstairs apartment. Stove, refrigerator, water and heat and garage furnished. References required, no pets. Call 225-2116.
- Family flees burning home
- Ballantyne to retire after stellar career of service
- Simonsen Rendering to close doors
- Two Cherokee Properties Designated on 2018 most endangered list
- Hayes honored with Citizen of the Year Award
- CCT announces cast for next production
- Times Gone By
- Farm west of Holstein battles fire
- Lewis Hotel to get new life
- Braves beat East Sac, move to Regional Championship