[Masthead] Fog/Mist ~ 36°F  
Dense Fog Advisory
Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014

Knights raise $12.265

Monday, December 4, 2006

(Photo)
Knights of Columbus Chairman LeRoy Rupp (right) and Grand Knight Ron Honsbruch present a check for $11,039.13 - raised in their annual fund drive - to Cherokee County Work Services directors Jan Cosgrove and Calvin Carver. Photo by Dan Whitney
The Knights of Columbus annual fund drive to assist people with disabilities has come to a close, and Chairman LeRoy Rupp says it has been the best year yet. A total of $12,265 was donated this year. Each year, 10 percent of the donated money goes to the Special Olympics, and the remaining 90 percent to Cherokee County Work Services. Rupp and Grand Knight Ron Honsbruch were pleased to present CCWS co-directors Calvin Carver and Jan Cosgrove with a check for $11,039.13 on Tuesday.

Work Services plans to purchase heaters to warm their new addition with part of the money and purchase a new, or slightly used cross-cut shredder with the remaining funds. This hopefully will enable CCWS to increase their shredding services, making them available to confidential businesses such as area banks.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.