No information is available yet regarding a possible re-opening date for Studebakers Restaurant in Aurelia. Photo by Dan Whitney
A fire broke out in the back entry way of Studebakers Restaurant in Aurelia at about 4:20 a.m.on November 30th. The Aurelia Fire Department responded, assisted by the Cherokee Fire Department. Aurelia Fire Chief Deloy Bruce thanks the Cherokee Fire Department for their assistance in fighting the fire.
The fire caused extensive smoke damage, according to Bruce, who said that the state fire marshal has inspected the site, and determined that the cause of the fire was an electric short above the ceiling.
The building has been boarded up, and no information is available yet regarding a possible re-opening date for the restaurant, which is owned and operated by Lou and Dinah Huffman of rural Aurelia.