BROOKINGS, So. Dak. - Four members of the 2008 South Dakota State University football senior class recently earned membership in the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame's Hampshire Honor Society.
Nationally, a total of 564 players from 266 schools qualified for membership. Jackrabbits honored were:
* Ryan Berry, quarterback, Watertown, S.D.;
* Brock Campbell, safety, Cherokee, Iowa;
* Nick Flesner, offensive lineman, Pierce, Neb.;
* Kevin Robling, offensive lineman, Jordan, Minn.
Qualifications for membership in the inaugural NFF National Honor Society include:
* Being a starter or a significant substitute in one's last year of eligibility at an accredited NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision, Football Championship Subdivision, Division II, Division III, or an NAIA college or university;
* Achieving a 3.2 cumulative grade point average throughout entire course of undergraduate study; and
* Meeting all NCAA-mandated progress towards degree requirements.