[Masthead] Fog/Mist ~ 64°F  
High: 77°F ~ Low: 62°F
Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014

Outreach Project Donation received

Thursday, October 8, 2009

(Photo)
The Cherokee Knights of Columbus recently received a $500 check from the Hy-Vee stores of Cherokee. The money will go to the Knights' Outreach Project, which is in its 17th year. The Knights have raised over $15,000 for the disabled this year so far, and the donations are still coming in. At least 90% of the donations the Knights receive will go to the Cherokee County Work Services for their special projects, and the remaining 10% goes to the Iowa Special Olympics. Here, Tim Haupert, manager of HyVee Food Store presents the check to LeRoy Rupp, right, of the Knights of Columbus. Also present were, left to right, Stan Sitzmann of the Knights of Columbus, Jason VanVactor, manager of Hy Vee Drug Store, and Greg McQuistan, new manager of the Cherokee HyVee Distribution Center. Photo by Dan Whitney.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.