[Masthead] Mostly Cloudy ~ 63°F  
High: 70°F ~ Low: 42°F
Tuesday, May 3, 2016

KC Fund Drive once again a big success

Thursday, December 24, 2009

(Photo)
Cherokee Knights of Columbus Fund Drive Chairman LeRoy Rupp (left) and Grand Knight Terry Boisen (right) are pictured presenting a check for $14,780.70 to Cherokee County Work Services co-directors Jan Cosgrove and Calvin Carver. Photo by Dan Whitney
In spite of the current recession, Cherokeans have found it in their hearts to continue their generous donations to the Cherokee Knights of Columbus' annual fund drive.

The Knights raise money each year through contributions from local businesses and private citizens, with 90% of the funds raised going to the Cherokee County Work Services for special projects they have, and the remaining 10% going to the Iowa Special Olympics track meet.

The 2009 drive was just completed, and Chairman LeRoy Rupp is pleased to announce that it was "a big success." A total of $16,420 - the best total yet - was raised by the Knights.

Rupp and Boisen both expressed their profound thanks and appreciation to the people who contributed to this worthwhile cause, and those sentiments were echoed by Carver, who said he felt it was very gracious of people to contribute as generously as they have, especially in these economic times.

Carver said the money donated will be "put to excellent use" in remodeling he restrooms at the CCWS site, bringing them up to code for wheelchair accessiblity.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: