* At the end of 2008, Iowa had 8,300 hog operations.
* At any one time, there are approximately 19 million pigs being raised in Iowa.
* Approximately 30 million hogs are raised in Iowa each year.
* Iowa producers marketed more than 37 million hogs in 2008.
* The U.S. pork industry marketed more than 121 million hogs in 2008.
* Iowa is the number one pork producing state in the U.S. and the top state for pork exports.
* The Iowa pork industry generates nearly $950 million in household income for pork producers.
* More than 39,000 jobs are directly related to raising and caring for hogs in Iowa.
* Iowa pork production alone contributes nearly $5 billion to the Iowa economy.
* Several billion dollars are generated in the state each year from pork processing activities.
* The total value added by Iowa pork producers to the state is more than $2.5 billion.