The Cherokee Drug Endangered Children (DEC) team recently announced that they were awarded a grant from the Cherokee County Legacy Foundation.
This grant allows the DEC team to expand its efforts beyond helping substance abuse families only. They are now offering their services to low-income and at-risk families as well.
The DEC team is utilizing the grant funds to help families pay to enroll their children in the following activities.
* School sponsored sports and activities
* City sponsored sports and activities
* Cherokee Wellness Center day passes
* Swimming pool, bowling alley, and other passes
* Sports equipment, ear, and clothing
This is for Cherokee County residents only. For more information contact Genelle Ver Meer at 225-6723 ext. 106.