In previous years, this popular event has seen downtown transformed into a wonderland of autumn.
The Contest is open to any group, business, family or individual regardless of age and one entry per group, individual, or family.
All entry forms must be received by Friday, Sept. 10.
First place prize will be $100 in Cherokee Chamber Bucks, second place prize will be $75 in Chamber Bucks, and third place prize will be $50 in Chamber Bucks.
1. Set up will be along U.S. Hwy. 59 and Main Street. Entries may be set up beginning at noon on Friday, Sept. 17 and must be in place by Saturday, Sept.18, at 5 p.m. Judging will take place on Sunday, Sept. 19.
All scarecrows must remain on display outdoors from Sept. 19 through Oct. 17 and therefore are required to be able to withstand the elements. Scarecrows may be picked up anytime on Oct. 17.
3. Entrants are responsible for bringing and installing and maintaining their scarecrows. Note: all entries must fit within a 4 x 4 ft. area and no taller than 7 ft. Each entry must be prepared to sit or stand on its own prop. No props will be provided. All scarecrows must be named, use a small sign no larger that 11 x 17.
4. You will receive a map of where your scarecrow is to be placed when you return your entry form to the Cherokee Chamber Office at 416 W Main St., Cherokee.
5. Entries will be judged on originality, design, color creativity and durability.
6. Rubber, plastic or store bought masks, tiki torches, and gas powered generators are not allowed.
7. The Cherokee Chamber or City of Cherokee is not responsible for any loss or damage.
8. When designing your scarecrow, please keep in mind that this is a family event. Please no political, religious or controversial scarecrows. The Cherokee Chamber reserves the right not to accept any scarecrow that is deemed to be inappropriate.
You can get the full list of rules, along with an entry form at the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce Office. For more information call the Chamber at 225-6414.