Hosted by: Depot Renovation, Inc.
Note to contestants: All of the baked goods entered in the baking contest will be sold at auction at 11:30 a.m. on Sat. Sept. 25. The proceeds from this auction will be used by the Depot Renovation Committee to continue to maintain and improve the Depot property and its activities.
Guidelines for the contest:
*All entries must be made with either pumpkin or apples as the main ingredient.
* All baked goods for contest entry must be to the Depot, South Room, no later than 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25. You will be required to sign in and register your entry. At that time your entry will be given a number and the judges will not be aware of the maker of any entry.
* You must provide three copies of your recipe with each entry. Your recipe will be published in the newspaper.
* There will an adult category (18+), a children's category (6-12) and a teen category (13-17). If we have businesses or groups that wish to compete in a sub-category we will allow for that.
* Prizes will be given for first, second and third place in each group and/or sub-category.
* All baked goods will be placed in an auction that will be held after the judging at 11:30 a.m. at the Depot. Please make sure that all entries are in a container that will go with the auctioned item. No baked goods or containers will be returned.
All recipes will be judged on taste, texture, originality and presentation.
Baked goods may be in the form of pies, dumplings, crisps, muffins, bars, cookies, cakes, or savory dishes.