Matthew and Margaret (Mullenberg) Gravenish purchased 200 acres from the John Patrick Reynolds family in March of 1910. After Matthew's death in 1948, Margaret remained on the farm until 1954. Her son Bernard (Barney) and his wife Mary Ellen moved to the farm in late 1953 after the tragic death of Margaret's oldest son, Lawrence, and after Margaret passed away in 1959, Barney and Mary inherited the 40 acres with the farm buildings, and the couple raised their 11 children on the farm. Barney passed away in 1967, and Mary decided to stay on the farm with her large family. She remained there until 1989, when her oldest son David and his wife Linda purchased the farm.
David and Linda are still the owners of the farm, and he and all 10 of his brothers and sisters, along with their mother, were home for the September celebration. A family picnic was held at 12 noon, followed by a buffet at 2 p.m. The afternoon was spent eating, visiting, taking photos, playing bean bag toss, and going on hay rides, as an estimated 150 relatives and friends attended the celebration.
One of the primary attractions of the day was the big red tile barn, which was built in 1910. It was a landmark then, and remains so today.
The evening ended with a display of fireworks, and "a good time was had by all."