DES MOINES - Fridley Theatres, an Iowa-based, locally-owned theatre circuit, is proud to present its Courtesy Code of Conduct.
Effectively immediately, Fridley Theatres will begin implementing 10 basic rules of conduct at each of their theatre locations, which include the American Theatre in Cherokee, as well as the theatres in Storm Lake and Spencer.
The code is designed to specifically outline an expectation of acceptable behavior for each of their guests. Founded in Midwestern values and common courtesy, these guidelines were developed in response to the growing problem of disrespectful behavior in and around theatre facilities that often detracts from overall guest satisfaction.
Fridley Theatres strives to provide each of its guests with the highest level of personal service and a comfortable, enjoyable theatre experience. Its new Courtesy Code of Conduct has been developed to ensure these standards are met. With increased awareness on the part of the public and dramatic efforts to increase supervision and surveillance on the part of management and security personnel, Fridley Theatres hopes to reduce or eliminate distractions and disrespectful behavior inside their locations. In clearly defining expectations, the company hopes to facilitate common courtesy and subsequently ensure a positive theatre experience for all guests.
Fridley Theatres asks that the purchase of a ticket represent an implicit agreement of compliance between its theatre management and a guest. Those who are unable or unwilling to adhere to these policies will be asked to leave and refrain from returning. In such cases, refunds will not be granted. In extreme situations, law enforcement may be summoned.
Fridley Theatres welcomes comments and questions at their website, www.fridleytheatres.com, and looks forward to providing you with exemplary, family entertainment in the very near future.
Fridley Theatres' Courtesy Code of Conduct
For the enjoyment and comfort of all guests, we ask that ...
1. Cell phones and pagers be turned off or placed on "vibrate" setting. Opening a cell phone or texting will not be permitted during a presentation; the light from its display creates a distraction.
2. Bluetooth headsets be removed.
3. Unnecessary movement or talking/screaming be eliminated. Guests must remain seated, quiet and respectful during the presentation. Running will not be permitted anywhere in the facility.
4. Guests use appropriate language.
5. Parents pick up their children/minors from the property promptly after the conclusion of the feature; any type of loitering will not be allowed.
6. Outside food and beverages remain outside the facility.
7. Guests properly dispose of trash in the provided receptacles (located in each auditorium in the lobby).
8. Anyone under five years of age cannot attend R-rated features.
9. Anyone under 17 be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for admittance to R- rated features.
10. Guests adhere to these guidelines as a condition of admittance; ticket purchases represent an implicit agreement.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring a positive theatre environment.