This is a beautiful display that attracts many visitors during the month of December and, of course, Santa will be at the Sanford on Thursdays nights, Saturday afternoons and some Sunday afternoons as well.
If you decide to decorate a tree, here are a few things to think about:
* Trees can be decorated from Nov.17 until Nov. 23, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
On Nov. 21, the museum will be open until 7 p.m. so you can come in and decorate after work if you can't get in during the day or weekend. The exhibit opens to the public at 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
* The trees should be artificial, otherwise they get really dry. Trees should have lights on them or otherwise visitors overlook the trees.
* If you have had trees here is the past, try to come up with new decorations this year so the display is different each year.
* Your tree needs to be labeled with your organization's name. You can make the sign yourself, or if you let the museum know they could make it if you let them know what name you would like on it. It will need a label.
* If you decide to have a tree (and the museum hopes to have a record number this year) please call the museum (225-3922) and let them know. If you have questions, concerns or schedule problems, please let the staff know and they will make arrangements for you.
* Your tree will need to be picked up by Dec. 29, Dec. 30 or Dec. 31.