ALTA - An official National Academic Qualifying Tournament Quiz Bowl competition will be held at the Alta-Aurelia High School here this Saturday, according to Will Dible, the Alta-Aurelia Quiz Bowl coach.
Dible, who teaches science courses at Alta-Aurelia, said that 16 to 18 teams are expected to compete, including three teams from Alta-Aurelia High School.
The official schedule is as follows:
8:45-9:15 a.m.- registration; 9:15 - welcome in gym; 9:30 - round 1; 10 a.m. - round 2;10:30 a.m.- round 3; 11 a.m. - round 4; 11:30 - round 5; 12 - 1 - lunch; 1 p.m.- round 6 (first round of single elimination tournament); 1:30 - round 7; 2 p.m. - round 8; 2:30 - round 9 (finals and consolation, if there are only 16 teams).
The following additional round will take place only if there are 18 teams:
3 p.m. - round 10 (finals and consolation round if there are 18 teams)
Awards will be given following the final match.
Audiences are encouraged to attend the competition, but they are expected to abide by the following etiquette guidelines:
1. No electronic devices (i.e. cellphones, ipads, computers, CAMERAS, etc.) should be on/out during a match.
2. Audience members should not be talking during a match
3. Questions are official/confidential, audience members are not allowed to write down or keep quiz bowl questions from a match.
4. When a door to a match room is closed, audiences have to wait to enter until the match is over (doors are not open, nor allowed to be opened and closed during a match).
5. No signaling or signing of any kind to the players is allowed.