The Cherokee Drug Endangered Children (DEC) team would like to remind the citizens of Cherokee County that they are continuing their program assist low-income and at-risk families with scholarships. The scholarships may be utilized by families to enroll their children in the following activities:
* School-sponsored sports/activities
* City-sponsored sports/activities
* Cherokee Wellness Center day passes
* Swimming pool day passes and swimming lessons
* Sports equipment/gear/clothing
Only Cherokee County residents are eligible for this program. An application form must be filled out to determine eligibility. Application forms are available at the Cherokee Police Department, 239 W. Maple St., Cherokee, Iowa, 51012, or call Alisa Dixson at 712-225-6464 for more information.