Cherokee is the BEST stop on the whole RAGBRAI route -- and in order to prove it, the RAGBRAI Hospitality Committee is asking every Cherokee Citizen to "get their RAGBRAI on!" They have some fun theme days planned for the week leading up to RAGBRAI. Jump on board and have some fun, too.
* Monday, July 16: Get your bike ready day: The committee encourages everyone to clean, fix, and (possibly) decorate your bike. Cherokee is a western theme, but use your imagination!
* Tuesday, July 17: Western Wear Day: Be sure to wear your Western Themed clothing to work or running your errands. Let us see your "Saddle Up and Ride" Spirit!
* Wednesday, July 18: Ride Your Bike Day (weather permitting): If you can, ride your bike to work or the library, the pool, Wellness Center, grocery shopping, errand running -- every where you can! If you can't do that, take some time to ride your bike for fun.
* Thursday, July 19: Decorate Day: Let's make our 25,000 friends feel welcome by putting out the proverbial welcome mat. Decorate your yard, house or windows in our theme -- Saddle Up and Ride. Put out an American Flag or decorate your windows in red, white, and blue. If you could mow your yard, that would be wonderful. Cherokee is a GREAT community and the best stop on the whole route. Let's make sure the RAGBRAI-ers know that, too.
* Friday, July 20: Friday is T-shirt Day: Every Friday until RAGBRAI is "Wear Your Cherokee RAGBRAI T-shirt" day. Be sure to get yours, because they are going fast. Wear your t-shirt during Cherokee RAGBRAI (Sunday, July 22nd) and your will get into the Beverage Garden and Entertainment Area -- free. Shirts are for sale at the following locations in Cherokee: Bomgaars; The Copper Cup; Darren's Clothing; Degree of Style; Hy-Vee Food Store; Jane Sanford Lane Salon; Paula's Hair Design; Quilt'N'Kaboodle; and the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce office. You can also purchase them via the Cherokee RAGBRAI website, www.cherokeeragbrai.com.
* Saturday, July 21: Photo Op Day: Stop by the Weeping Willow on Main Street and get your picture taken with the photo op board before the RAGBRAI-ers do! And, from 9 a.m.- 10 a.m., Cowboys Steve and Dave will be at the Copper Cup. These hilarious cowpokes have been our video ambassadors on the Cherokee RAGBRAI website -- and they are a hoot. Get your picture taken with them on Saturday, July 21 at the Copper Cup
* Sunday, July 22: RAGBRAI Day: Come on down and enjoy the fun. You've earned it.
The committee thanks, everyone, in advance for their cooperation with this endevor. Cherokee is the place to be -- so let's show it and GET OUR RAGBRAI ON!