MARCUS - Oct. 23 will be the third annual fund raiser for the MMC Music Boosters. In the past, the MMC Music Boosters has had many fundraisers to help raise money for the music department. They had fundraisers ranging from soup suppers to selling products for third party vendors. For all the hard work the kids did selling the products, they only collected 25% of the profits from the sale with the vendors collecting the other 75%.
For the last two years, they have used a new approach to raising money within the communities called "Just Donate" Night. This is an annual one-time night to collect money for the school year for the MMC Music Boosters. This event was a very big success for the students as they raised almost $6,000 of which 100% went back to the local music program. All money was kept for the Music Boosters with none going to any out of town vendors. Boosters felt this was a win-win event, as the students received all the proceeds and the community didn't need to be bothered three to four times a year buying products they really didn't want.
The money goes to benefit the students in the music program. The collected funds provide music equipment such as music stands, drum holders, risers, choir robes, entry fees, awards, senior scholarships, trips, robe cleaning, and costume cleaning.
The students and Music Boosters from the MMC Music Department are very grateful and want to thank all the people and businesses in the communities who have supported the music program in the past.
This year the students are looking forward to a very promising third year as they are excited to try and exceed last year's success. All donations are welcomed or any donation of $25 or more, the donor will receive recognition by having their name listed in the programs.
There are seven music concerts this year at MMC. Everyone is welcome to attend the free concerts and support the performances of these very talented music students.