Niemeier resigns Chamber positionCherokee Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Leah Niemeier has resigned the post effective Aug. 28, after two months on the job. Niemeier served as former Director Julie Hering Kent’s part-time...
Change is good. Need some?With many businesses shut down for months and customers concerned about spreading the coronavirus through handling cash, people are using coins less frequently. As a result, this has led to a...
Raptor Softball comes to an endThe Ridge View Softball season came to end here on Tuesday afternoon with a loss to top rated and defending state champs in North Linn by the score of 10-0 in 5 innings. Taking the loss on the mound...
- Alone and lonely (8/7/20)1
- SV Family Health’s ‘Color For Friends’ a beautiful gesture (8/5/20)
- Flower power (8/3/20)
- Drought Webinars to Begin in Iowa (8/3/20)
- City advances fireworks ordinance (8/3/20)
- Farmers Market Thursday (7/29/20)
- Beware of scams and fraud schemes (7/29/20)
- Cherokee Schools ’Return to Learn’ plan (7/29/20)
- Cherokee Chamber Golf Outing Aug. 25 (7/27/20)
- Dutifully ensuring peace of mind (7/27/20)
- Newell-Fonda downs Alta-Aurelia for 1A-District 2 Championship (7/22/20)ALTA - It was the first time this season that the Alta-Aurelia and Newell-Fonda baseball teams met up this season and it was in perhaps no bigger situation on Saturday night. The two competed against one another for the right to be the 1A-District 2 champions and to advance to Tuesday night’s Substate Championship contest. The Mustangs were able to hang on to take a 7-5 decision against the Warriors...
Patricia Ann Wilkie (7/28/20)Patricia Ann Wilkie, nee Frank, 79, of Algonquin, IL. Born April 6, 1941 in Chicago Heights, passed away July 24, 2020. Retired United Airlines Flight Attendant. Beloved wife of the late Jimmie...
Joan Rose Theisen- Cronin (7/28/20)Joan Rose Theisen- Cronin, age 92 of Marcus, IA, passed away Thursday, July 23, 2020, at her home in Marcus, Iowa surrounded by her family. A Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 10:30 a.m....
Harold W. Roberson (7/28/20)Harold W. Roberson, 81, of Cherokee, Iowa passed away suddenly at his residence on Sunday, July 26, 2020. Graveside services will be held on Thursday, July 30th, at 10:30 a.m. at the Sunset View...
Alma Jean Leonard (7/27/20)Alma Jean Leonard, 89, of Cherokee, Iowa, died on Thursday, July 23, 2020, at Careage Hills in Cherokee. Funeral Services: 1 p.m. on Monday, July 27, 2020, at Greenwood-Schubert Funeral Home,...
Births: Keaton David Witcke (8/3/20)Jennifer Witcke and Justin Witcke of Holstein are proud to announce the birth of their new son. Keaton David Witcke was born on July 22, 2020 at 4:54 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces, and was 21...
Births: Rosalyn Joyce Peterson (7/21/20)Kristen and Ross Peterson of Cleghorn are proud to announce the birth of their new daughter. Rosalyn Joyce Peterson was born on July 15, 2020 at 1:04 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces, and was 20...
Births: Logan John Hare (7/21/20)Cat and Rob Hare of Cherokee are proud to announce the birth of their new son. Logan John Hare was born on July 15, 2020 at 7:18 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 21 inches in length. He...
Births: Olivia Nicole Meyer (7/20/20)Dana and Kyle Meyer of Holstein are proud to announce the birth of their new daughter. Olivia Nicole Meyer was born on July 14, 2020 at 8:28 a.m. She weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces, and was 21 inches in...
Cherokee Rummages457 Sumner. Wed., Aug, 5th 1 - 7 p.m.; Thurs., Aug. 6th 10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Fri., Aug. 7th 8 am. - 7 p.m; Sat., Aug. 8th 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Stove, dresser, Tupperware, couch, adult clothing, Pack ’n Play, crib, misc. items
Cherokee RummagesMulti-Family Sale: Annual sale Friday, Aug. 7th 3 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 8th 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., 305 Flint, behind new Bomgaars, Fishman Addition. Household, great books, lots of misc.
Help WantedNoah’s Ark Daycare of Sutherland is seeking applicants for Full/Part-time employees. Call Carol at 712-446-2406.
- Flower power
- Cherokee Schools ’Return to Learn’ plan
- Niemeier resigns Chamber position
- North Star shines on Braves’ turf project
- ‘Rodeo at the Ranch’
- Supervisors OK construction permits
- School Board accepts resignations
- Council denies water bill reduction ‘Urban’ chickens now allowed
- Comstock’s Gem Fuels Braves
- ‘Return to Learn’ process perplexing